Inclusion Quality Mark Award
WE ARE AN IQM FLAGSHIP SCHOOL!
What is an IQM school?
The IQM school is likely to see itself as a caring school which:
- Seeks maximum academic success for all students
- Is focussed on the pursuit of outstanding teaching and learning
- Is focussed in the interest of relationships for learning
- Understands and cares for each individual
- Is a loving, fun and humane school
- Works with parents and students to raise standards and achieve excellence
‘Children are valued as individuals within a caring atmosphere and there is a celebration of the cultures of all the school’s pupils in order that they feel understood.’
‘It is an outstanding example of a school committed to meet the needs of its children regardless of what that takes to achieve.’
Dorothy Barely Junior Academy achieves IQM Flagship School Status
We are delighted to announce that after a visit in December 2019 we have been awarded the highest IQM award- Flagship School Status.
This tremendous achievement is a testament to the skill and hard work of all our staff and students, and their ongoing commitment to ensuring that inclusion is at the heart of everything we do at DBJA.
The Inclusion Quality Mark provides schools with a nationally recognised framework to guide their inclusion journey. Inclusion promotes equal opportunities for all pupils, whatever their age, gender, ethnicity, attainment and background, and the award pays particular attention to the provision made for, and the achievement of, different groups of pupils within a school and any pupils who are at risk of disaffection and exclusion.
At Dorothy Barley Junior Academy we are dedicated to making every possible opportunity available to all our students, and we do this by making sure every aspect of our provision is tailored to the specific circumstances of the individual student. As a Flagship School we had to demonstrate that we:
• Are a school that has held Centre of Excellence for at least three years prior to attaining Flagship status for the first time.
• Agree to produce an annual written update of progress against the identified project outline as the basis for the annual review.
• Are willing to be an active member of an IQM cluster group of COE and Flagship Schools.
• Attend IQM Cluster meetings is a prerequisite to maintaining Flagship Status.
• Are willing to engage in classroom level research activity that explores inclusive practice.
• Have, or are able to develop, the capacity to share and disseminate good inclusion practice across a broader cluster of schools.
• Share practice/staff/visits/training.
• Are committed to sustaining the IQM ethos through collaborative activities.
• Are willing and able to support other schools to become IQM schools or Centres of Excellence.
• Are prepared to contribute to the overall development aims of IQM, supporting the need for expertise or trialling practice.
Please see the Flagship report below and our previous reports of our journey to Flagship Status.
DBJA IQM Flagship Status Review February 2021
DBJA IQM Flagship Status Award
DBJA Inclusion Quality Mark Award
DBJA Awarded Music Mark Status
In February 2017 we were awarded the school Music Mark status for our efforts to ensure there is good music provision at DBJA!
Centre of Excellence Review Report February 2018
Social, Moral, Spiritual and Cultural Quality Mark Award- Silver standard
Centre of Excellence Review Report February 2019
May and June 2019
DBJA awarded Bronze then Silver Healthy Schools Award!!!
January 2020 Inclusion Quality Mark Flagship School Status awarded to DBJA!!!
In January 2020 DBJA was awarded the highest of the Inclusion Quality Mark awards, Flagship Status! We are very proud to hold this award as it demonstrates our commitment to inclusive practice. For more information about what it means to be a Flagship school see link: https://iqmaward.com/iqm-flagship-school/
DBJA awarded Bronze then Silver Eco-Schools Award!!!
DBJA awarded Healthy Schools Gold award!!!
Social, Moral, Spiritual and Cultural Quality Mark Award- Gold standard December 2020
See our latest SMSC Gold Standard Quality Mark report below!
Dorothy Barley Junior Academy Awarded Primary Science Quality mark 31.10.22!!!
See Press Release